The Four Stages of Cruelty Green Plans
The Four Stages of Cruelty, our new production, will run from May 24th to June 24th. We are very excited to be returning to Arcola Theatre, one of the foremost exponents of “green” practices in the arts.
Our initial aims for this production are:
1) To reduce the ecological footprint for this production by 20%.
2) To not use anything “new” in the production process.
3) To continue to developing our sustainable policies to ensure best practice in every area of our work.
4) To ensure that ecological sustainability becomes as equally integral as financial and artistic considerations in the development of our work and during production.
5) To use the development and production of The Four Stages of Cruelty to raise the profile and further spread the need for and benefits of sustainable policies as far and wide as possible.
6) To use the development and production of The Four Stages of Cruelty to further spread environmental awareness, the issues surrounding climate change and the need for urgent action.
7) To form new partners in the area of ecological sustainability.
8) To develop the environmental page on our website, to include access to our policies, environmental information, links to our partners and a blog on the development of the sustainable practices for The Four Stages of Cruelty.
9) To develop new educational material in this area, including drama workshops, in tandem with The National Framework for Sustainable Schools.